UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Great Pyramid was built inside out, says French Architect

French architect said on Friday he had cracked a 4,500-year-old mystery surrounding Egypt's Great Pyramid, saying it was built from the inside out. Previous theories have suggested Pharaoh Khufu's tomb, the last surviving example of the seven great wonders of antiquity, was built using either a vast frontal ramp or a ramp in a corkscrew shape around the exterior to haul up the stonework...

Yahoo News

This was really interesting. I had a hard time envisioning it so I went looking for more info and came across the project website here:

www.3ds.com/khufu

I haven't downloaded the special plugin to look at the 3D stuff yet but there is a really interesting .pdf with some good info. If they can prove this it will be a revolutionary discovery

Very interesting theory, but until it's proofed I remain doubtful. Surly would be traces of those inside ramps and I've never even heard about them (Except from the grand gallery.) Anyone else who have heard anything about them? On a side note, the 3D plug-inn is very impressive and I'm surprised of how smoothly it's working.

This is a theory that waaaaaaaay back in primary school (25+ years ago) I heard from my science teacher. He even set up a brief demonstration of how it could be achieved in this matter - from what I recall, it just made darn good sense.

From that point on, I've always held to that theory as the most likely, having seen it demonstrated on a small scale as a lad. It sorta stuck with me.

I'm glad to see that others actually agree - and that 3D plugin was phenomenal to see in action.