UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

NHL Playoffs

Go Canucks :blink:

Bah.. now that they've beaten Dallas it means San Jose/Detroit is round 2... Had Dallas won, Detroit would be playing them. Instead, it means that I have to stay up late to watch the stupid west coast games because Detroit is in the eastern f'ing time zone but for some inexplicable reason plays in the western conference. Humor me for a moment. If Detroit manages to beat San Jose, round 3 would be either Vancouver or Anaheim... yes, 2 more west coast teams, and several more ridiculously late nights just to watch grown men skate around on an artificial frozen pond slapping at a little black disk with wooden sticks.

Arrrgh!

Though I shouldn't be too upset, the Wings did manage to get by Calgary and the first round this year... something they've struggled with in recent years.

Instead, it means that I have to stay up late to watch the stupid west coast games because Detroit is in the eastern f'ing time zone but for some inexplicable reason plays in the western conference. Humor me for a moment.

[Four Yorkshiremen]You were lucky to have a channel that broadcasts it. We have to wake up half an hour before we go to bed and watch the results on the internet, and our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah [/Four Yorkshiremen]

[Four Yorkshiremen]You were lucky to have a channel that broadcasts it. We have to wake up half an hour before we go to bed and watch the results on the internet, and our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah [/Four Yorkshiremen]

I'm confused Maladict :huh:;) [Four Yorkshiremen] ??

They used to show the NHL on channel 5 in the UK at about 3am (I used to record it and watch it later at a proper hour!) but half way through the season they cancelled it with no explanation!

So now the only way I get a sniff of hockey is on the internet as well.

P.S. So much for my prediction of Tampa for the cup :oops:

I'm confused Maladict :huh:;) [Four Yorkshiremen] ??

It's a Monty Python sketch, where four middle-aged men try to outdo each other in the "We had it tough, back in the day"-department.

Ahhh of course, I thought it sounded like a ridiculous statement :oops: , should have known it was from those comedy genius's.

Thanks for the link.

Again I say:

GO SHARKIES!!!

C'mon, ya gotta admit that the SJ/DET series might be the best one of the bunch. I soooooooooo can't wait!

The only bad part is that the timing is such that I can't go to any of the games at the 'Tank. Oh well...but it'll be a helluva ride!

Again I say:

GO SHARKIES!!!

C'mon, ya gotta admit that the SJ/DET series might be the best one of the bunch. I soooooooooo can't wait!

Oh don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining about the competition... it should be a great series. Problem is the lack of sleep from those 10 pm game starts (especially with those OT games). Add in a bit of beer consumption and you have a recipe for a bleary eyed week at work.

They say the West Coast style of play is 'superior' to the East Coast style. What a bunch of mularkey its just more boring and less exciting. I think everyone will get bored by the 6th period anyways.

I hate West Coast start times I mean who cares if it creates 'atmosphere' for them. They should now hockey was created on the East Coast and that 7:00 ET should be standard for the whole of North America. I mean in the West Coast you have great weather what do we have here? I say 7 pm start times! :angry:

I mean in the West Coast you have great weather what do we have here? I say 7 pm start times! :angry:

Now now...don't be jealous :D:PB)

Besides, not everyone can live out here. What with all the sun, natural phenomena, the best in wine and agriculture, movies and other entertainment...oh, sorry, I guess it's pretty damn nice to be out here on the Left Coast :angry: