UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Wildfire's 'Zero AD'

DecimusCaesar

An independant games studio known as 'Wildfiregames' is creating a real time strategy game on the ancient world known as 0AD. The game, which has a 3D engine, will contain many famous battles of the period including Rome's wars against the Celts and the Punic wars. Other campaigns contain Alexander the Great's battles as well as the struggle between the Greek city states.

The game is currently in development, but when it is finished it will be available to download for free.

Here's a link to the games' website:

Wildfiregames - Zero AD

The site conatins videos, historical articles and a photo gallery.

Well, I thought this was a cool thing until I went to download the video!! All I got was a blank page. Is this the April fools joke extended into the latter part of the month of April and normal service will resume in May?

I was hoping I could say something positive but when a simple link is not working... well...!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Since I first posted this thread in 2007, I decided to check up on the development of 0 AD. Surprisingly it's still in development, and it's now in the open Alpha phase, so you can download an unfinished copy of the game to test it out. I haven't done so yet, but I may do in the future.

The link I posted in 2007 is also broken, as the site has moved. Here's the new link:

http://play0ad.com/