UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

One way to diffuse tension in the Mid East

Ursus

I find it somewhat bizarre that advocacy for "better Muslim sex" would be coming out of Cairo -- the capital of a nation which, according to a 1996 Egyptian demographic and health survey, practices nearly universal female genital mutilation, with 97% of all females between the ages of 15 and 49 having been circumcised.

-- Nephele

In Orwell's 1984, Julia has this to say:

'When you make love, you're using up energy; and afterwards you feel happy and don't give a damn for anything. They can't bear you to feel like that. They want you to be bursting with energy all the time. All this marching up and down and cheering and waving flags is simply sex gone sour. If you're happy inside yourself, why should you get excited about Big Brother and the Three-Year Plans and the Two Minutes Hate and all the rest of their bloody rot?'

who knows - if what Julia said is true, and if Dr. Heba Kotb gets her message across, perhaps a little less hate will emerge from muslim countries.

Edited by Northern Neil

The Islamic world is taking the Middle East by storm. I remember the day of the pharaohs when you can only marry one woman and if you wanted that could be your sister. Either way you look at it Egypt is one of the more westernized nations of the Middle East. It just seems that now having sex there needs to be heavily influenced by Islam to.

The passage reads: "Your wives are as a tilth [land or soil to be cultivated] unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah."

That verse, she says, makes it known that sex shouldn't just happen when the husband wants but that the wives have rights too.

"I was so proud of my religion when I saw that. My religion was advanced enough to talk about women's rights in sexuality how many years before modern science did?"

How did the last two lines come from the first one? The first line sounds like it is saying "Your wives are your property; so approach it (her) how you please. Do a good deed first (like kill an infidel); and fear Allah.