UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Summer of Love, 40th Anniversary

Thanks Nephele though both of these are a bit too J-C for me I actually like my originals better... ;)

:oops:

Replacement Hellenic hippie names coming right up!

Achileas ShiningGem

Alcimenes A. HighSign

:D

-- Nephele

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - as I will not be outdone by the scanner - I will post another pic. This does not actually equate with the summer of love, guys - this was taken in about 1961 when I was three/four. I am in my Gran's back garden with my favourite toy, Lucy Lamb! And very grumpy I look! Lucy was pink, and my dress was brown and orange. Thank god I grew up!

4uix941.jpg

Edited by The Augusta

Aw...! It looks like li'l Augusta is choking the mutton out of Lucy Lamb. You're adorable! ;)

-- Nephele

Are you guys actually hippies...because I seriously have a thing against them for a very good reason. ;):D:oops:

What, you are Eric Cartman?

Are you guys actually hippies...because I seriously have a thing against them for a very good reason. ;):no::oops:

What, you are Eric Cartman?

:D:lol: :lol:

You know you want to be a hippy, Pertinax. So I found one of your name scrambles. Meet your new identity:

Jorren Moonchanter

hm26_b.jpg

-- Calleann Phree (a.k.a. Nephele)

The pungent smell of body odor mixed with pot that seems to accompany many of them?

Ursus, you've just earned yourself an instant hippification! Even more frightening, a RHYMING hippification! Your name anagrams into...

Jaemes J. Ember-Ray

Jaemes J. Ember-Ray

Did not go to work today;

And smelling like a warm cheese tray,

He hitched a ride to Monterey.

-- Nephele

I wasn't born anyway near the Summer Of Love. I was born the year Star Wars first arrived.

I am Darth Ursus!

Augusta, you look like a junior Vestal in that pic! Which, of course, calls for an additional Roman name for you. This time I got a true blanagram (substituting only one letter) out of your name:

Seguliola Soteris

(swapping the k for an r)

Seguliola is a feminine diminutive of Segulius, making you a descendant of that notable artist in gold. Your cognomen of Soteris (meaning "savior") is a form of a surname borne by the goddesses Artemis, Persephone, and Athena. It was also the cognomen of a woman mentioned in Pliny the Younger's correspondence with the Emperor Trajan (Epistula X), in which Pliny entreated Trajan "to grant the full privileges of a Roman" to Pancharia Soteris (and others).

All hail little Seguliola of the past! And present-day retired Vestal Seguliola, who still possesses the authority and influence of a respected Vestal, but who now can lawfully make up for lost time with the menfolk. :(

-- Nephele

All hail little Seguliola of the past! And present-day retired Vestal Seguliola, who still possesses the authority and influence of a respected Vestal, but who now can lawfully make up for lost time with the menfolk. :P

-- Nephele

Hehe - my lips are sealed! ;)

But thank you again, Nephele, for a wonderful blanagram. Your skills never cease to amaze.

Zabalovici Anton Cosmin.

Let's see what name I had in my previous life! This one I started later when heavy metal ruled, chains, spikes and darkness not tree huging.

Augusta you looked lovely. And Perti...sorry... Jorren Moonchanter was ... disturbing? :P

Augusta you looked lovely. And Perti...sorry... Jorren Moonchanter was ... disturbing? :P

Hahaha, wait till you see yours...

Kosmo, your hippie parents were HUGE fans of the 1966 San Francisco formed band Santana, and so you were named after the band. Your full hippie name is:

Santana Cozmic Oblivion

=

Zabalovici Anton Cosmin

Rock on.

-- Nephele

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet name, dude! Santana is part of the holy trinity here, along with Ms. Janis Joplin and Mr. Jimi Hendrix!

In the name of Satana, Joplin, and Holy Hendrix, I christen you, DoL with yet another anagrammed hippie name...

Ambroziah Eternal Hash

-- Nephele

Here, as promised, is the bridesmaid photo:

4ot1pwj.jpg

Gorgeous then, as now! ;) Come on chaps, lets see more of us. Primus? Moon? Ursus?