UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Question

I am seeking out someone to carve a bust...but here in Canada, it seems to be a lost art... but I'll find someone in good time I'm sure.

Sandra Shaw, a sculptress in Toronto, accepts commissions for portrait busts that would strongly evoke the Greco-Roman attitude toward portraiture. Her website is http://www.sandrashaw.com. I've seen her work in person, attended her lectures, and discussed ancient art with her at some length. I think she would understand, appreciate, and admire your goals. Good luck.

M.P. Cato, many, many thanks. :(

Our ancestors should be honoured - and our parents are even more beloved.

Agree completely. To quote 'I Cladius' - "When someone dies, so much is lost". Its not just the relationship with our loved ones, but the experience and memories. One of my relations does this family tree stuff, and although there's some tantalising glimpses of the family I belong to, the truth is they're all names. Their character, their life - all gone apart from a few terse records in various documents. I think families should do more to remember who they are and where they come from.

I am seeking out someone to carve a bust...but here in Canada, it seems to be a lost art... but I'll find someone in good time I'm sure.

Sandra Shaw, a sculptress in Toronto, accepts commissions for portrait busts that would strongly evoke the Greco-Roman attitude toward portraiture. Her website is http://www.sandrashaw.com. I've seen her work in person, attended her lectures, and discussed ancient art with her at some length. I think she would understand, appreciate, and admire your goals. Good luck.

M.P. Cato, many, many thanks. :)

Hi Alex

I see you