UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Witchraft in Romania

Kosmo

A 2 episode BBC inquiery about gipsy witches, in english. The post by Ursus about polytheism made me post this. A profitable mix of christianity and pagan practices.

One character that apears briefly in the second part, Ralu Filip, the head of the TV regulatory institution, died this summer. Maybe the curses...

The site belongs to Rodica Gheorghe the main witch in the documantary and it has a forum and blogs. She has PR people and other helpers.

Her latin motto "nihil sine deo" (nothing without God) is the motto of the Romanian royal house ( the Hohenzollern Sigmaringen dinasty) and was the motto of the kingdom of Romania.

http://www.vrajitoarea-rodica.ro/

A 2 episode BBC inquiery about gipsy witches, in english. The post by Ursus about polytheism made me post this. A profitable mix of christianity and pagan practices.

One character that apears briefly in the second part, Ralu Filip, the head of the TV regulatory institution, died this summer. Maybe the curses...

The site belongs to Rodica Gheorghe the main witch in the documantary and it has a forum and blogs. She has PR people and other helpers.

Her latin motto "nihil sine deo" (nothing without God) is the motto of the Romanian royal house ( the Hohenzollern Sigmaringen dinasty) and was the motto of the kingdom of Romania.

http://www.vrajitoarea-rodica.ro/

Quackery and fraud are indeed longstanding traditions all over the world, and "Rodica" is one of the crudest examples I have ever seen. It has nothing to do with any religion or the gipsy traditions, only with greediness and credulity.

Fraud it's a gipsy tradition.

The clients believe in it, so it's a spiritual belief.

Rodica it's an educated lady compared with the others "witches".

From a legal standpoint they were prosecuted during communism for fraud, but they are not any longer. What's the difference between their claims and the claims of oficial churches?

From a feminist point of view they are a group made of sacred women while the main orthodox culture sees women as unholy and the priesthood it's reserved for men. Greedines and credulity made the orthodox church own 1/3 of total land in Romania in 1850's.

The fraud it's so rude that I feel no sympathy for those who give them their money.