UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pinacotheca

ASCLEPIADES

Gemellus

correct, your turn.

Ahem - I must butt in here, gents!

i) Tiberius Gemellus was not a famous son of Livia - he was the son of Livia Julia (i.e. 'Livilla')

ii) The statue (however labelled on whatever site) is clearly of a young Tiberius - i.e. the Emperor.

iii) Tiberius most certainly WAS the most famous son of Livia - the REAL Livia!

So - what is the correct answer here? :thumbsup: I really do think that MPC was correct in his guess. The image MUST be incorrectly named at your source, Ingsoc.

Edited by The Augusta

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Maladict, very good! (hits that i gave are bolded)

Aelia Flavia Flaccilla (died 385), first wife of the Roman Emperor Theodosius I. She was of Hispanian Roman descent. During her marriage to Theodosius, she gave birth to two sons

Yes I did notice the eyes too, but they seemed less outrageous than those on, say, a bust of Constantine.

As for your picture... It's splendid ! I don't think I've seen such a well worked pilosity for a long time ! Closer to bronze work than to traditionnal stonework, could this be a late second or early third century piece ?

As for your picture... It's splendid ! I don't think I've seen such a well worked pilosity for a long time ! Closer to bronze work than to traditionnal stonework, could this be a late second or early third century piece ?

Some say it could be, some say it couldn't.