UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Collected Works of Julian the Apostate

DecimusCaesar

Does anyone know where to find the collected (or even partial work) of Julian the Apostate. He wrote letters, poems and even a satire that have survived to the modern period, but I have never found that these have ever been printed in English in their entirety.

There is supposedly 700 pages of his writings and I am curious to have a look at them, especially his religious satire. Having had a look on amazon, it doesn't seem to be much about the man, except a few modern biographies and the writings of Ammianus Marcellinus.

Could anyone give any information on this topic?

Edited by DecimusCaesar

Does anyone know where to find the collected (or even partial work) of Julian the Apostate. He wrote letters, poems and even a satire that have survived to the modern period, but I have never found that these have ever been printed in English in their entirety.

There is supposedly 700 pages of his writings and I am curious to have a look at them, especially his religious satire. Having had a look on amazon, it doesn't seem to be much about the man, except a few modern biographies and the writings of Ammianus Marcellinus.

Could anyone give any information on this topic?

You can read his Mispogon here:

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/julian-mispogon.html

Loeb Classical Library is also a good place to look.

Eccleastical writings etc.

If you find a complete selection on Julian please post them, I'd like to read them myself.