UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

104 Books

DDickey

Wow, nice! History and religion.

"Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice" - this title it's hillarious :lol:

It's a great little book, too. And I say 'little' because it's only around 92 pages, but, man, is it vicious; it does a fantastic job in a limited space of completely abolishing Mother Teresa's so-called piety. She was a fraud, and this is a great place to start if one is interested in reading about her--an updated version would be nice, though, especially in light of the revelation that Mother Teresa held about as much belief in God as I do.

As an aside: I finished up a book last night and am struggling with what to read next. I've got a large queue, but the three I'm setting my sights on are: On War by Carl Von Clausewitz, The Open Society and Its Enemies by Karl Popper, and the Elgin Marbles by Christopher Hitchens--that one might wait, though, because a new revised edition is coming out soon.

Christopher Hitchens has a wicked sense of humor.

Christopher Hitchens has a wicked sense of humor.

I agree. I've become a huge fan of Hitchens recently. And in response to my conundrum as stated above, I've decided on another Hitchens book before I tackle one of the above mentioned. Currently, I'm reading "The Trial of Henry Kissinger" by Hitchens, and it's an explosive polemic.