UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Top 10 Lists -- Mostly Science and History

Primus Pilus

Thanks for posting PP - I've come across a few of those lists before. I found the one on Medieval Law and Order very enlightening, especially as my view of the subject had been one of torture and cruel deaths for the smallest of crimes. It would seem that laws became harsher during the Early Modern Period rather than the Medieval.

Thanks for posting PP - I've come across a few of those lists before. I found the one on Medieval Law and Order very enlightening, especially as my view of the subject had been one of torture and cruel deaths for the smallest of crimes. It would seem that laws became harsher during the Early Modern Period rather than the Medieval.

Some are definately better than others and most are Americentric.

The top 10 intrepid explorers actually shocked me. Some of the usual suspects are on the list, but the number 1 is simply flabbergasting. A self funded passenger of an existing space program (RSA) on a space flight to the international space station (that has been done countless times before) doesn't impress me in the slightest. I don't even understand why it would be in the top 10, let alone first.