UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Germans gone mad.

Klingan

I was stunned by a headline in the papers yesterday:

Germans build Pyramid of death

Here's a link to one article, I'm sure you'll easily find many many more.

The pyramid of death!

Most importantly, who will want to have his or her body transported to Germany for such a burial?

Whoever they are, let's ship them off early. I'd even be willing to contribute a buck towards their voluntary early demise and interment in the

It does seem to make the 'Mad Idea' list. What do they plan to make it with ? Stone would be hugely expensive. A big pile of deceased and dirt ? It kind of reminds me of the Tower of Babel, but nobody talks.

A friend of mine had found another article on this and claimed that they calculated that around 47,5 million people could be buried in the structure. I really do hope that the bottom coffins can handle the stress or someone will have to clean up 47.500.000 dead people and A LOT of mortar.

Near here an attempt was made a few years back to build a 1/5th scale replica of the Great Pyramid of Giza. The only announced purpose was as a tourist attraction, and it did have some appeal to the locals. In this case they had plenty of stone available to be harvested from the huge piles of unused stone blocks each about 20 tons each. They weren

Edited by Faustus