UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Publishing Artwork?

I've been thinking about publishing some of my fractal art (they're made with Apophysis 2.0 if you're wondering). I have never tried to get something like this published before, and I don't know where to start. I don't want to go the CafePress/Zazzle route.

I have hundreds of fractals, and some of them are quite beautiful if I do say so myself. :) I'd love to be able to actually make something of them, instead of having them all sitting on disks in drawers somewhere.

Ideas?

Have you checked out the DeviantART site? I have a few artist friends who have their work up there. Does that count as "publishing"? There's no payment involved, and I'm not certain how/if the site copyrights work placed on it. Your work does get a lot of exposure, though. When you join the community, though, there are fellow artists there who can give you advice, I imagine.

-- Nephele

If you mean that you want to sell some of your work, this is the way you go about it. Put a price on it. Have one of your pals 'buy' it. Pay him back. Do it over and over. Keep raising your prices. Soon you will catch a turkey and get away with a real sale. Don't forget my share.

Edited by Gaius Octavius