UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Directv Free Preview 6/13/08 - 6/15/08

G-Manicus

Time to fire up the TiVo!

DIRECTV Offers Free Preview Of 65 HD Channels

The preview will be available this weekend.

By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (June 11, 2008) -- DIRECTV is holding a free preview of 265 channels this weekend, including 65 High-Definition channels.

The free preview, which will run from June 13-15, will include 66 premium movie and sports networks, including HD versions of HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and the regional sports networks.

The 265 channels are part of DIRECTV's 'Premier Package,' which normally costs $81.99 a month (not including premium channels) if you agree to a 12-month subscription.

High-def channels that will also be available in this week's preview include NBA TV, Versus, HDNet and The Tennis Channel.

The free preview will not include channels in DIRECTV's 'HD Extra Pack' package, such as HDNet Movies and Universal HD.

You mean DIRECTV is giving folks just three days to look at 265 different channels?

Dude, TiVo or not, I think my brain would fry and my eyeballs would shoot outta my head in random directions like microwave popcorn, if I attempted that. :no2:

-- Nephele

You mean DIRECTV is giving folks just three days to look at 265 different channels?

Dude, TiVo or not, I think my brain would fry and my eyeballs would shoot outta my head in random directions like microwave popcorn, if I attempted that. :no2:

-- Nephele

I already have most of those channels ... except for the movie ones. A quick look at the tv schedule indicates Mister Tivo may have a date with the following:

Underdog

Invincible

Ghost Rider

Shrek III

Stranger Than Fiction

Spiderman 3

Dreamgirls

Wild Hogs

Apocalypto

Hairspray

Nacho Libre

Rocky Balboa

Space Jam (Michael Jordan + Bugs Bunny = Cinematic masterpiece!)

Forgive my ignorance, but how does on preview it if one doesn't have a satellite dish? And presumably if one already has the service, why would one need a free preview?

One would have to be a Directv subscriber, but at a tier of service less than their "Premier" package, which is the one being offered for a free preview. For example, I subscribe to Directv but do not have any of the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, etal) and thus these channels will be free to me this weekend.

Capice?

Forgive my ignorance, but how does on preview it if one doesn't have a satellite dish? And presumably if one already has the service, why would one need a free preview?

One would have to be a Directv subscriber, but at a tier of service less than their "Premier" package, which is the one being offered for a free preview. For example, I subscribe to Directv but do not have any of the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, etal) and thus these channels will be free to me this weekend.

Capice?

Makes sense.. was just making sure.

Makes sense.. was just making sure.

Want me to burn you a copy of "Underdog", or are you good?