UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Kosmo

Free Sage

Up to the end of October Sage offers free access to it's journals published after 1999.

SAGE publishes more than 500 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine.

SAGE Journals Online is the delivery platform that provides online access to the full text of individual SAGE journals. The SAGE Full-Text Collections, SAGE's award-winning, discipline-specific research databases, are also available on SAGE Journals Online.

http://online.sagepub.com/

The articles can be downloaded. I'll get to it myself soon, but if you have spectacular finds please share.

Edited by Kosmo

Salve, K

Up to the end of October Sage offers free access to it's journals.

SAGE publishes more than 500 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine.

SAGE Journals Online is the delivery platform that provides online access to the full text of individual SAGE journals. The SAGE Full-Text Collections, SAGE's award-winning, discipline-specific research databases, are also available on SAGE Journals Online.

http://online.sagepub.com/

The articles can be downloaded. I'll get to it myself soon, but if you have spectacular finds please share.

Gratiam habeo for such X-cellent link, bro!

IOU another one.

Thanks for the heads-up, Kosmo, but.... I registered and excitedly selected one article ("The Marriage Alliance in the Roman Elite," Dixon, Journal of Family History, 1985) that I really, really, really wanted to read, and here is the message I got:

"The content you are trying to access was published before 1999 and therefore is not included in the October Free Online Access Period for which you have registered. This item requires a subscription to Journal of Family History Online."

Dammit.

-- Nephele

Thank you both!

I know what you feel Neph, I was frustrated in my search as well...

I tried, and found that there were a number of very useful articles - but getting to them was not easy. However, they do have a very easy to search database, and I've used that to track down articles I would never have known of otherwise - e.g. one of Cicero and clinical depression. Sadly, even when I tried to get in using my access as a Cambridge researcher - which means I am theoretically allowed - the program chucked me out with a scripting error. I finally got the Cicero article using MSAP (motivated student and photocopier) but this is not a lot of use to the wider world. It is annoying that there is so much useful information online that is protected to the point of being almost unusable.

I finally got the Cicero article using MSAP (motivated student and photocopier) but this is not a lot of use to the wider world.

I must get me one of those...

Again, the content after 1999 it's now available until the end of October.

Free Online Access to SAGE must-have content from 1999-current until October 15, 2010