UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

State a title

Chris08

Hey,

Recently I had an idea which may be of use to the forums, I wish to write some essays as a bit of fun, but dont have any idea's therefor what do you guys want to know about? I can do the research and putting it together I just need idea's, they will be about 500 - 1500 words long.

The essays will take between a week - 2 to write so, I would write them in order of the poster, all you have to do is give me the title, and a little backround information.

Thanks

-Chris

Salve, Ch

Hey,

Recently I had an idea which may be of use to the forums, I wish to write some essays as a bit of fun, but dont have any idea's therefor what do you guys want to know about? I can do the research and putting it together I just need idea's, they will be about 500 - 1500 words long.

The essays will take between a week - 2 to write so, I would write them in order of the poster, all you have to do is give me the title, and a little backround information.

Thanks

-Chris

Why did the Romans free so many slaves during the late Republic?

For example, Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix; here comes Appianus of Alexandria, Bellum Civile, Liber I, cp. C:

"To the plebeians he added more than 10,000 slaves of proscribed persons, choosing the youngest and strongest, to whom he gave freedom and Roman citizenship, and he called them Cornelii after himself".

Gratiam habeo in advance.

Edited by ASCLEPIADES

Salve, Ch

Why did the Romans free so many slaves during the late Republic?

For example, Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix; here comes Appianus of Alexandria, Bellum Civile, Liber I, cp. C:

"To the plebeians he added more than 10,000 slaves of proscribed persons, choosing the youngest and strongest, to whom he gave freedom and Roman citizenship, and he called them Cornelii after himself".

Gratiam habeo in advance.

Im Assuming you mean in that paticular case? Or just slaves in general?

Here is a topic. How wide-spread was homosexuality in the army? I have read where the legions stationed along the Rhein were particularly homosexual. I find this interesting with prostitution being so wide-spread. Was being gay just not an issue in Rome? Was Christianity the first religion to really tear it apart?

Here is a topic. How wide-spread was homosexuality in the army? I have read where the legions stationed along the Rhein were particularly homosexual. I find this interesting with prostitution being so wide-spread. Was being gay just not an issue in Rome? Was Christianity the first religion to really tear it apart?

Interesting topic, i always thought homosexuality was although semi common, kinda looked down on to a small degree if done publicly. You know i never thought of it being widespread in the army... might want to read into this now lol.