UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

'Tis the season ...

DDickey

... to be whiny.

Ugh. We got slammed with snow last night. It's everywhere. Right now there's about a foot outside, and it's still snowing. But it's not bad enough to shut anything down, so I had to travel to work in this crap. I loathe snow, and I'm right at the mouth of Lake Michigan, so we get pounced when it comes down. On days like this I just want to bum around, drink warm beverages, and read.

Sorry. This thread is completely irrelevant to anything on this board; I just felt like ranting.

Did anyone else get hit with snow last night? If so, does it bother you, or are you one of those people who can tolerate this weather?

I can't believe we're looking at snow covered ground on November 18. This is nature's way of adding insult to injury to all of us idiots in the midwest.

I could go for some serious global warming about now.

Yeah. Same here. I cursed Al Gore this morning for lying to me. The problem is: when the temperature rises in the summer, we get more snow in the winter.

I'm jealous right now. I'll trade you: our snow and 22 degree weather for your sunny weather.

Nah, it's all good. The only thing we need is rain, which (hopefully) will come soon. But, hey, if you want to put some snow in the Sierras, be my guest!

I gotta say, the Salvation Army bell-ringers don't bother me...perhaps because I tend to walk fast and with purpose when entering a store (it tends to ward off ne'er-do-wells). The rest of the year there's a couple at the nearby Safeway grocery store...they just stand there, asking for spare change. If you don't give them any and actually look at them, they shoot you an evil look.

I can take snow. It's the Salvation Army bellringers I can't stand. They've started early on their annual molesting of passers-by at centers of commerce.

I second that. Something about those bells irritate me, and I hustle whenever I'm near them, determined to get as far away as possible.

The rest of the year there's a couple at the nearby Safeway grocery store...they just stand there, asking for spare change. If you don't give them any and actually look at them, they shoot you an evil look.

Bah, you need to come back to NYC to experience serious panhandling. Like the guy below, who was panhandling at Columbus Circle when I snapped this pic.

100_1802.jpg

I gave him money, mostly to feed his cat. Bet you would've, too.

-- Nephele

The rest of the year there's a couple at the nearby Safeway grocery store...they just stand there, asking for spare change. If you don't give them any and actually look at them, they shoot you an evil look.

Bah, you need to come back to NYC to experience serious panhandling. Like the guy below, who was panhandling at Columbus Circle when I snapped this pic.

100_1802.jpg

I gave him money, mostly to feed his cat. Bet you would've, too.

-- Nephele

Oh my GOD, that looks EXACTLY like how I picture Caligula in my mind!!! Please send in some experts to determine if he's time-traveling.

ATG

LOL Nice one, Neph! And if I had gone up to him to pet the cat, would it have earned me points? :D

Oh hell yes. But I doubt he'd let you pet the cat for free. He was pretty surly, and he only posed for the picture after I gave him money.

-- Nephele