UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Stilicho and Theodosian era

Honorius

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any books that deal specifically with Stilicho and the Theodosian era, ive grown over t he books in my local library and was seeing if anyone had some good suggestions :)

Be patient .... :lightbulb:

Edited by sonic

It seems a great book, did not managed to get it for more than a year now .

It is. Any decent university library should have a copy.

Sadly, a "common" library does not have it and my univercity days are over . A dead end...

Are you familiar with WorldCat?

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1306649/editi...&referer=di

Click on the link that says: "Find in other WorldCat libraries" and enter your location information in the appropriate box.

If that doesn't work, your public library should be able to interloan you a copy from a university library. Not knowing where you live ("holy land"?), I am assuming that your public library can provide you with this basic service. Good luck!

-- Nephele

Sadly, a "common" library does not have it and my univercity days are over . A dead end...

University libraries are usually accessible to 'outsiders' as well.

At the very least you should be able to make photocopies.

i recall having that western aritocracies book in my favourites and luckily enough its at a university library only 20kms from me, thanks for reminding me :D - to bad that generalissimos book is out of print looked really good ><

Here is a good one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Antiquity-Li...8842&sr=8-1

Peter Brown is quite good, although he does follow the 'Evolution, not fall' argument which is currently out of vogue. Peter Heather's 'Fall of the Roman Empire' is quite good, too.