UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Nano Car

Ursus

...thats the cheapest car you get in Austria at the moment http://www.dacia.de/dacia_sandero.php, obviously the Dacia Sandero is far from being as cheap as the Tata with the price tag of 7.500 Euro, and of course even further away from being a luxury vehicle, but it does come with at least standard airbag and ABS, it is a joint venture from Renault and Dacia in Romania, and with the current economy surprisingly selling well right now here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090322/ap_on_...dia_nano_launch

A new car for $2000 dollars? Interesting concept. Maybe this is what GM should get into.

Forget it. Our government won't allow GM or any other American car manufacture to produce an inexpensive car like the Nano for sale over here, because the Nano has no air-bags.

Which kind of makes me go "hmm..." when I see motorcycles legally cruising our nation's highways with (obviously) no air-bags -- or government-required seat belts, either.

Not that I'd drive either a Nano or a motorcycle on Long Island's motorway killing fields. I drive an SUV built like a tank.

-- Nephele

Which kind of makes me go "hmm..." when I see motorcycles legally cruising our nation's highways with (obviously) no air-bags -- or government-required seat belts, either.

I would love to see a motorcycle with an airbag! A picture of a round fluffy ball somehow pops up in my mind... Imagine it bouncing away after an accident!

Forget it. Our government won't allow GM or any other American car manufacture to produce an inexpensive car like the Nano for sale over here, because the Nano has no air-bags.

You could say the same for Europe. The EU is very picky and European and non-European manufacturers need to comply with dozens of safety and environmental regulations before being allowed to sell their cars.