UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hugo Chavez a famous Roman Emperor??

Aurelia

I didn't know Hugo Chavez was ever regarded as a famous Roman Emperor, but according to the Uncyclopedia he is, along with Dick Cheney, Batman, and Pope Benedict XVI (amongst others). This is totally politically incorrect and I love it! :)

There is a whole section on the Roman Empire. I particularly like the entry dealing with Biggus Dickus. Fascinating!

This being a Romanophile forum, I expect someone has already found out about it.

Yes: 'One day the Roman Empire started to decline'. very good indeed - in the style of '1066 and all that'!

Great lead, Aurelia,

I love that kind of PinC (or as I mistakenly used to say, PunC - another lesson learned) jokes. I'll have to look a bit further into that.

You have to be careful though with that kind of stuff : those frigging peace loving hippies and obroms (obsessive romans) don't have much of a sense of humour. They take Everything Dead Serious.

We have two humour threads running over at SVR. I have made a few contributions there myself. Not all equally funny, but hey, I'm only human. Here are the links.

latin lovers

roman humour

Vale optime !

I love that kind of PinC (or as I mistakenly used to say, PunC - another lesson learned) jokes. I'll have to look a bit further into that.

You have to be careful though with that kind of stuff : those frigging peace loving hippies and obroms (obsessive romans) don't have much of a sense of humour. They take Everything Dead Serious.

We have two humour threads running over at SVR. I have made a few contributions there myself. Not all equally funny, but hey, I'm only human. Here are the links.

latin lovers

roman humour

Excellent links, FV, thanks for sharing!

"I'll have a martinus, please", hehehe.

People around here tend to be pretty open-minded. I haven't come across any obroms yet. :)

Edited by Aurelia

Ave Prime Pile,

Emperor Batman's defeat of the invasion of the barbaric Penguini tribe was a key moment in world history. Truly.

Actually it was the other way round, I believe. It was the Emperor Penguin 'Aptenodytes Forsterius' who defeated the Batmen and the Robins, under their famous general 'Turdus Migratorius' at the Battle of Ross Island. :)

Vale bene et nil desperandum,

Smorfius Virtuosus :D