UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Farmer spends 30 years on model Biblical Temple

Aurelia

Imagine having this as a hobby...

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/6402/56/

'I have also sculpted and painted 4,000 figures, measuring just half an inch and all wearing their correct costumes. Each one takes about three hours to make and there are 32 versions of Jesus, although no one can ever spot him no matter how religious they are.'

Ooo, it's like a Jesus version of Where's Wally?

Northern Neil needs to see this.

-- Nephele

God damn... (Did I say that in this context?)

That model beats everything I've ever seen, including the one of Pompeii in the Naples National Museum.

By the way:

The original temple was built in 19BC by King Herod the Great but was flattened in AD70 by Roman troops under Emperor Titus during the Siege of Jerusalem, just six years after completion.

19th centruy BC? :suprise:

Edited by Klingan

I think it's 19 years BC... :suprise:

I think it's 19 years BC... :)

Haha woops, that's how tired I am after 6 days in Naples :( I somehow thought that they were talking about the first temple (They said original :suprise:) from the 9th century BC. My mistake.

Edited by Klingan

I think it's 19 years BC... ;)

Haha woops, that's how tired I am after 6 days in Naples :( I somehow thought that they were talking about the first temple (They said original :suprise:) from the 9th century BC. My mistake.

Maybe you should go get some sleep - Sundays are good for this sort of thing, you know. :)

Great pics the way!

I think it's 19 years BC... ;)

Maybe you should go get some sleep - Sundays are good for this sort of thing, you know. :)

Great pics the way!

Well I am to present the new Giulio Cesare exhibition at Thursday and hand in a 5 pages review of it at Wednesday. I'll sleep after that :)

A thought by the way, would UNRV be interested in having such a review translated into English?

I particularly enjoyed the quote from his wife '"She wishes she'd married a normal person" :)

what, isnt he normal then? ;)

I particularly enjoyed the quote from his wife '"She wishes she'd married a normal person" :D

what, isnt he normal then? ;)

Anyone who builds models all day long has got to be a bit weird, right?? :blink:;)

Only joking mate!! ;)

I've got the utmost respect for people with this kind of talent, the patience and dedication required to produce something so impressively detailed is in my opinion truly outstanding.