UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Did anything ever come of a 2009 UK meet?

Speaking of which, I'm traveling to York (from Manchester) this week. If anyone is in the vicinity and wants to have a pint, shoot me a note!

Are you on a lecture tour, MPC? I'm so sorry I missed you when you were in New York a few weekends back!

GhostOfClayton, a belated birthday hail to you. I didn't think you were still around. Nice to see that you're still here!

-- Nephele

I never looked into your 2009 meeting but I assumed that it would go on as planned. I have to get over to join you guys one day.

Anyway Scandinavian meeting anyone? :rolleyes:

GhostOfClayton, a belated birthday hail to you. I didn't think you were still around. Nice to see that you're still here!

-- Nephele

Thanks, Nephele. I try to drop by when I can, but inevitably it's not as often as I would like. I'm back up at Hadrian's Wall in 3 weeks - I'll say hello to the vallum for you (remember that thread?)

If the UK 2009 folk are interested, my offer of a weekend tour of Lindum Colonia still stands, by the way. Plenty of Roman stuff to get your teeth into! I might even persuade Suus Intus to come along.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

If the UK 2009 folk are interested, my offer of a weekend tour of Lindum Colonia still stands, by the way. Plenty of Roman stuff to get your teeth into! I might even persuade Suus Intus to come along.

That might be just what we need! We did ponder over verulamium, but Lindvm sounds fine to me - especiallly if you know it well. I did say a while back I would PM all uk and european members - I will do this tonight (Since return from hols I have been internet-less. All sorted now.)

Hi all

This meeting has been on hold for as long as I remember!! Unfortunately I was laid off from my IT job after the company I worked for lost contracts through this supposed credit crunch and I have been struggling through really. However, could we keep the posts on this thread to the original thread begun a while back?

It will be easier because confusion may be caused by having arrangements made on one and the other being looked at for those details etc...

The original thread is here...

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9286&st=30

I will continue my thoughts over there...

PLEASE KEEP POSTS TO THAT THREAD... THANKS!

AC

Hi all

This meeting has been on hold for as long as I remember!! Unfortunately I was laid off from my IT job after the company I worked for lost contracts through this supposed credit crunch and I have been struggling through really. However, could we keep the posts on this thread to the original thread begun a while back?

It will be easier because confusion may be caused by having arrangements made on one and the other being looked at for those details etc...

The original thread is here...

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9286&st=30

I will continue my thoughts over there...

PLEASE KEEP POSTS TO THAT THREAD... THANKS!

AC

Good point - I will lock this thread to avoid confusion occurring.