UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Artimi

Online Magazines

Not sure if there is already a topic for this.

I have reading the online magazine since its inception even though it deals with more than just Rome.

I like to print it, but the coloured portions print light grey and are hard to read.

Help??

http://www.apaclassics.org/outreach/amphor...0statement.html

Edited by Artimi

I have reading the online magazine since its inception even though it deals with more than just Rome.

I like to print it, but the coloured portions print light grey and are hard to read.

Help??

Thanks for this link - it looks like a great journal. I've printed out the first .pdf in glorious technicolour, so it looks as if this might be an issue with your printer. Can you print other items off the net without them greying out? Also have you tried downloading the .pdf and printing that?

Since we might be getting somewhat technical here, you might consider sending me further details by message, I'll be happy to help you with sorting it out as thanks for providing some reading material whilst I'm listening to england getting thrashed at cricket.

Edited by Maty

Help??

Thanks for this link - it looks like a great journal. I've printed out the first .pdf in glorious technicolour, so it looks as if this might be an issue with your printer. Can you print other items off the net without them greying out? Also have you tried downloading the .pdf and printing that?

Since we might be getting somewhat technical here, you might consider sending me further details by message, I'll be happy to help you with sorting it out as thanks for providing some reading material whilst I'm listening to england getting thrashed at cricket.

I printed at work and they only have a black laser printer. If I down load pdf? can change the colour of the fonts?

Help??

I printed at work and they only have a black laser printer. If I down load pdf? can change the colour of the fonts?

Oke- the problem is that this journal uses an attractive lilac colour for a lot of its fonts. A laser loaded with just black toner will convert this to greyscale, and this gets you the faint grey you are seeing. You need a colour inkjet to print this properly. You can change the colour of the fonts in the pdf, but this requires technical skill and something like photoshop, or a pdf editor. You'd do better investing in a $40 printer.

If you want to do it the hard way, download the .pdf, select the text and copy it into your word processor. Then change the font to black and print it. However, you will lose a lot of the formatting and other features that make this an attractive journal. I've downloaded the latest .pdf and read through it during a rather boring repeat of CSI on the TV. Seriously, consider that inkjet.

The inkjet will soon run out of lila colour :thumbdown:

I'll rather read on the screen then print something.

Thank you for the link!