UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

1,800 Year-Old Marble Figurine Found in Israel

JGolomb

1,800 Year-Old Marble Figurine Found in Israel

Interesting find...I've highlighted a couple of key sections to the story below.

350.0.1.0.16777215.0.stories.large.2009.09.21.iaa1_figurine.jpg

An ancient and unusual figurine bust made of marble and depicting a miniature image of a bearded man

I presume that this is the same find as these ones ("Roman Building, c. 1,800 Years Old, was Exposed in Israel" & "2nd or 3rd century Roman boxer?")

Don't take this the wrong way, I very much enjoy all the news you've posted lately!

I presume that this is the same find as these ones ("Roman Building, c. 1,800 Years Old, was Exposed in Israel" & "2nd or 3rd century Roman boxer?")

Don't take this the wrong way, I very much enjoy all the news you've posted lately!

Hey there - no apologies necessary. This is definitely the same thing that Nephele found last January. And yes, I see this is the same as my own post from a few weeks ago. I'll, um, have to redouble my efforts to make sure the news I'm finding is, well, news.

yeesh...my apologies.

;)