UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What the latest DVD you watched?

Ursus

I'm watching the 3rd season of The Tudors right now. In fact, tonight I just finished episode 5.

Before this, I watched District 9.

-- Nephele

I will be watching Robin of Sherwood Set 1 (Seasons 1 and 2).. I got these for Christmas, Michael Praed is the most definitive Robin and drop dead gorgeous.

I never got to watch all of the series, PBS didnt show all the episodes.

Clannad did the music. another reason to watch it.

Edited by Artimi

I will be watching Robin of Sherwood Set 1 (Seasons 1 and 2).. I got these for Christmas, Michael Praed is the most definitive Robin and drop dead gorgeous.

Is that the recent BBC version of Robin Hood with a really hot Maid Marion who somehow knows Kung-fu? Or am i thinking of something else?

Is that the recent BBC version of Robin Hood with a really hot Maid Marion who somehow knows Kung-fu? Or am i thinking of something else?

nope this a 1983 series.

http://www.robinofsherwood.net/

I am watching the 2005 season of Doctor Who. I am surprised because I always thought of it like a campy looking old movie but this is pretty cool. Before that it was Band of Brothers.

I don't use a DVD player as I don't have a TV, I watch movies on my PC :(

Edited by Kosmo

I'm watching the 3rd season of The Tudors right now. In fact, tonight I just finished episode 5.

Before this, I watched District 9.

-- Nephele

Hehe, this is a bit off topic but I recently found out that both the main actor and director of District 9 attended the same high school as me in Johannesburg. Neill Blomkamp, the director, was in the class just below my younger brother.

Anyway, back on topic, I've recently rented 2 movies: Rachel Getting Married and Defiance.

Elizabeth with Cate Blanchett, Joseph Fiennes. Excellent historical drama filmed in 1998.

Over the weekend, I watched the original Planet of the Apes with my kids. They were rather surprised at the Ape's overuse of nets in capturing the lowly humans. hehe.

We also watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (thank you, netflix streaming video!)

Over the weekend, I watched the original Planet of the Apes with my kids. They were rather surprised at the Ape's overuse of nets in capturing the lowly humans. hehe.

We also watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (thank you, netflix streaming video!)

what is netflex streaming video?

Also when I saw the original Planet of the Apes in the theatre, there was audience participation.

One of the best comments I remember coming from the back of the theatre was during the chase sequence by the mounted Apes---- They always get their man. As a Canadian, this was so funny.

what is netflex streaming video?

Streaming is the coolest thing...Certain blu-ray DVD players can connect to the web and one of the features is that netflix can stream a movie directly to the blu-ray (and your tv) in realtime - instead of sending you a DVD. It's like watching movies on your computer...except better because it was high quality and on my tv. No garbled internet-like video.

J