UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Branch

Iudaea - novel and blog

Hey everyone,

My name is Jim Branch and I've written a novel length story set between AD 133 and AD 135 during the Bar Kokhba Revolt in the Roman province of Iudaea. I'm releasing 12 or so chapters for free a little at a time in a new blog I've just set up at www.iudaeanovel.com

I'm also going to be posting historical information about the conflict and reviews of books that I used for research. I'd like to invite all of you to come take a look. I'm hoping between the story and the history you will find something interesting. I also welcome any comments and creative criticism you might have concerning the writing or historical accuracy of the text.

Here is a brief description of the story: Iudaea is the story of a Roman cavalry officer who is pulled from his assignment patrolling Hadrian

From the short describing paragraph it looks interesting. I took a look at the blog, and posted a comment there for you. It has potential, but you are making a few errors. However these cane be overcome :)

Edited by Centurion-Macro

Hey everyone,

My name is Jim Branch and I've written a novel length story set between AD 133 and AD 135 during the Bar Kokhba Revolt in the Roman province of Iudaea. I'm releasing 12 or so chapters for free a little at a time in a new blog I've just set up at www.iudaeanovel.com

Little known is that the Latin name of Ludea [Judea] was changed to Israel during the Roman war in 70 CE. The Jews re-issued their coins with Israel replacing Judea. This says that today's Israel had the same name as at 2000 years ago. The name Palestine was applied by the Romans again, but this was on the Jewish sovereign homeland, rather than an Islamic or Arab one. Some 3000 years ago, the northern sector was also called Israel, making it one of the oldest historical names of a nation and also the most rejected.

I wanted to give an update on my writing project and to present an offer. I've put some more revisions on my Roman-era (AD133-135) novel and am offering it as an eBook for $4.99 on Amazon and Smashwords.

I'd also like to offer it for free to anyone on this forum in the hopes that you will first of all enjoy it and second of all that you might be inclined to leave a review or provide me feedback on the story whether you enjoyed it or not.

Smashwords 100% off coupon code: MP83S (good until February 1st) Iudaea (multiple formats - ePub, PDF, Mobi, HTML, RTF, Plain TXT)

Or if you prefer, email me at branch@iudaeanovel.com and I can email you a PDF copy.

Here is a brief description of the story again:

The year is AD 133 and Marcus Fidelis Coranus is a Roman cavalry officer pulled from his assignment patrolling Hadrian's Wall in Britannia to the hills of Iudaea on the far side of the Empire where a charismatic Jewish leader name Simon bar Kokhba rages a brutal rebellion against Rome. Coran must leave behind his family to face a conflict that will challenge not only his physical limits but also his duty as as soldier and his beliefs about the depth of man's cruelty. Rome is merciless in the suppression of this last great Jewish revolt in the ancient world, and Coran must weigh his ideals against the reality of war while fighting through his own self-doubt and guilt. It is a timeless story about how cataclysmic events can either make us lose sight of our humanity or lead us to it.

Thanks

I wanted to give an update on my writing project and to present an offer. I've put some more revisions on my Roman-era (AD133-135) novel and am offering it as an eBook for $4.99 on Amazon and Smashwords.

I'd also like to offer it for free to anyone on this forum in the hopes that you will first of all enjoy it and second of all that you might be inclined to leave a review or provide me feedback on the story whether you enjoyed it or not.

Smashwords 100% off coupon code: MP83S (good until February 1st) Iudaea (multiple formats - ePub, PDF, Mobi, HTML, RTF, Plain TXT)

Or if you prefer, email me at branch@iudaeanovel.com and I can email you a PDF copy.

Here is a brief description of the story again:

The year is AD 133 and Marcus Fidelis Coranus is a Roman cavalry officer pulled from his assignment patrolling Hadrian's Wall in Britannia to the hills of Iudaea on the far side of the Empire where a charismatic Jewish leader name Simon bar Kokhba rages a brutal rebellion against Rome. Coran must leave behind his family to face a conflict that will challenge not only his physical limits but also his duty as as soldier and his beliefs about the depth of man's cruelty. Rome is merciless in the suppression of this last great Jewish revolt in the ancient world, and Coran must weigh his ideals against the reality of war while fighting through his own self-doubt and guilt. It is a timeless story about how cataclysmic events can either make us lose sight of our humanity or lead us to it.

Thanks

I just downloaded a copy just now and read the first few pages, and up till now I quite like it.

It'll take a few days to read, but I'll report back in later....