UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
GhostOfClayton

What's the last thing you saw/heard/played etc. ?

"What's the last thing you read" has proven really well-liked, so this topic aims to ride the wave of that popularity.

So what was the last Roman related:

TV programme you watched?

Film you saw?

Radio programme you listened to?

Podcast you downloaded?

Game you played?

Even the last peice of Roman reproduction clothing you wore? Though that doesn't strictly belong in this forum.

etc.

I'll start the ball roling with:

"I watched the whole of HBO Rome (Series 1 and 2) with the 'All Roads Lead to Rome' feature turned on."

Edited by GhostOfClayton

"The Big Bang Theory" is about the only thing I watch on TV these days. I like the Geeks ....

I do rewatch my Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs from time to time.

Last movie I saw was a while ago ... "The A team." It didn't suck as much as I thought it would.

The last film I saw was Clash of the Itatns. The last game I played was Mafia 2. The last book I read was 'The World's Last Mysteries (which was about historical 'mysteries' - The Maoi of Easter Island, Stonehenge, The Pyramids, Scythians etc).

I've been playing a sort of online adventure game called 'CDX'. It's set in the present, and revolves around a prop used in the BBC's 'Ancient Rome: The Rise & Fall of an Empire' series, which may be much more than just a prop.

You play a member of the programme's production team, Adam Foster.

A sacrificial blade forged at the birth of the Roman empire holds the key to an ancient and bloody conspiracy that threatens to erupt into the present day.

Stranded in 21st century Tunis, Adam Foster is plunged into a world of greed, betrayal and murder. But who has the blade, and can the killers be stopped?

The game can be found here.

Centurion just popped up into my Netflix queue Saturday, so I watched that (4 on scale of ten or the verbal review: "meh"). Also saw Pompeii: The Last Day a docudrama which had interesting visuals of pyroclastic flow.

Just purchased an apparently never checked-out Jacksonville library copy of "Dictionaries of Civilization: Rome" (Love used books, I can afford them), so I've been thumbing through that.

No podcasts, games or radio programs, but I do follow iTweetus on Twitter now, does that count?

Edited by Geek Amicus

but I do follow iTweetus on Twitter now, does that count?

iTweetus most certainly counts. Which reminds me - I'm a couple of weeks behind on that. Must log back in to Twitter and see how he's getting on!

but I do follow iTweetus on Twitter now, does that count?

iTweetus most certainly counts. Which reminds me - I'm a couple of weeks behind on that. Must log back in to Twitter and see how he's getting on!

He's cold and lonely...

He's cold and lonely...

Still? That pretty much summed up his state of mind a fortnight ago. You'd've thought he would've snapped out of it by now.

I don't understand "iTweetus". Of course, I've never understood "tweeting" nor even read at any sites. How does this work? Anyone can contribute to the story, or is just one person making entries?

I don't understand "iTweetus". Of course, I've never understood "tweeting" nor even read at any sites. How does this work? Anyone can contribute to the story, or is just one person making entries?

Someone is taking up the role of Marcus, a Roman soldier in Britannia. As far as I know it is an employee or volunteer of the Tullie House museum in Cumbria. I think it would be fun for grammar school students as it puts you just one step closer to feeling like you're there. I, of course, am a complete geek, so it works for me too.

Edited by Geek Amicus

He's cold and lonely...

Still? That pretty much summed up his state of mind a fortnight ago. You'd've thought he would've snapped out of it by now.

You would think that cold and damp were a semi-permanent state in northern Britannia or something. I suppose they didn't have "Any Soldier" mail campaigns back then. Of course he has a smartphone, he should just email his family...

Give it a go, Crispina. Create yourself as Twitter account, search for iTweetus, and 'follow' him. It's all very straightforward. It was my introduction to Twitter, and if I can handle it, I'm sure you can. However, it isn't that exciting at the moment. Pretty much just our hero grumbling about the cold/damp. But, as GeekAmicus has pointed out, that's a pretty realistic scenario. UNRV also has a Twitter you can follow.

You can 'reply' to the various tweets.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

I'm afraid I haven't read many Roman related books lately. Currently reading "The Hobbit" (yeah, better late than never). I might start on "The Great Fire of Rome" by Stephen Dando-Collins next. The last Roman related film I saw was "Centurion".

Currently reading "The Hobbit" (yeah, better late than never).

I picked that up when I was 23. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

After the first 3 chapters I decided the book and I were not going to get along at all. I still don't see what all the fuss about Tolkien is about.