UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Roman Empire in the First Century

Crispina

Bored with television last night, I stumbled upon a web site that offers a wide variety of documentaries on many different topics. Remember the series "Medieval Life" with Terry Jones? It was listed so I spent all evening listening to the entire series.

Anyway, tonight I began browsing, on the same web site, documentaries under the topic of "History". I found this series, "The Roman Empire in the First Century". I've just finished watching the first of the four episodes, titled "Order From Chaos", about Augustus. I really, really enjoyed the way this documentary was done. Lots of the same info, yes, but presented in a different way plus other things you don't see much in other docs on this subject. Like his daughter Julia, Ovid, ect.

Perhaps someone else has already posted about this series here, sorry if I'm repeating; but I just thought it was worth mentioning if you were looking to watch a good doc on Roman history. Hopefully the other three episodes will be just as enjoyable.

Here is the link to the doc (not sure if this will take you to the second episode or not The first one is called "Order From Chaos". http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/roman-empire-first-century/

Edited by Crispina

Bored with television last night, I stumbled upon a web site that offers a wide variety of documentaries on many different topics. Remember the series "Medieval Life" with Terry Jones? It was listed so I spent all evening listening to the entire series.

Anyway, tonight I began browsing, on the same web site, documentaries under the topic of "History". I found this series, "The Roman Empire in the First Century". I've just finished watching the first of the four episodes, titled "Order From Chaos", about Augustus. I really, really enjoyed the way this documentary was done. Lots of the same info, yes, but presented in a different way plus other things you don't see much in other docs on this subject. Like his daughter Julia, Ovid, ect.

Perhaps someone else has already posted about this series here, sorry if I'm repeating; but I just thought it was worth mentioning if you were looking to watch a good doc on Roman history. Hopefully the other three episodes will be just as enjoyable.

Here is the link to the doc (not sure if this will take you to the second episode or not The first one is called "Order From Chaos". http://topdocumentar...-first-century/

I started watching Order from Chaos. I think it is well worth watching.

thanks for finding this.:)

I came across this Sigourney Weaver narrated series on Youtube some time ago. Started watching it, but unfortunately the video froze up at one point and it refused to work. A cshame as it did manage to impart some useful information about social life in the First Century AD. You don't see much of that on Roman documentaries as they tend to dwell heavily on the military subjects.