UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Primus Pilus

Restructuring The Forum!?!

Here's a question for all you unrv forum regulars...

We aren't quite so busy yet that its hard to find topics that we are interested in, but if we continue with our rate of growth it may be before too long. New folks are popping up all the time and more and more are becoming more than just a single post and gone visitor. :)

I'd like to start thinking of breaking down the 'Roman Empire' part of the forum a little bit for easier use. Perhaps categories like...

The Empire (for the general history of Rome)

The People (for social discussion)

The Legions (for military)

The Temple (for religion)

Or do you prefer the current way with a single all inclusive category? Any other suggestions?

Would be a good idea, since Roman Empire is such a large section, i sometimes miss posts that others had made simply because there are so many different threads there.

I think it's a great idea. I'm so tired of seeing a bazillion threads on military minutae and searching for the few threads that are on broader topics. This reorganization will eradicate that problem.

But I am having massive problems replying to old threads. It's eating my responses. I hope it doesn't eat this one. *crosses fingers*

Hmm, well that one is there. I wonder if you replied while things were being moved? Otherwise I have no clue why replies would get lost? Unless Viggen sabotaged us :P

I like the reorganization so much, I propose shuffling things around a bit more to

make it even easier to skim through threads.

I propose two main headings: "Roman Empire" and "Miscelleneous"

Under "Roman Empire" I suggest several folders, including several present ones:

-- The Forum (For discussing personalities, politics, and general historical and cultural matters)

-- The Legion (all specifically military matters)

-- The Temple (all specifically religious matters)

-- Peregrini (for discussing cultures related to Rome - Greece, Celts, Germans, Egyptians, etc)

-- Roman Media (any media product related to the Roman Empire)

-- Archaeology (for discussing all archaeologicical news related to Rome and surrounding cultures like Greece, Egypt, etc. Just get rid of the "world archeology" folder. I don't think it's read very much and posts about Mayan temples and so forth are probably off topic for this forum. No offense intended).

And then under "Miscelleneous" Have

-- Suggestions and Feedback (self-explanatory)

-- Social Lounge (combine the "Afterhours Lounge" with the "Introductions" folder. A place where people can introduce themselves and talk about off-topic stuff)).

Interesting ideas Ursus. I think we'll do that once Viggen is back online. He's just about to start a major move so won't be around for a couple of weeks, and I don't dare risk doing it myself. Unless you'd prefer to have the entire forum destroyed and rebuilt. :D