UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Restructuring The Forum!?!

Here's a question for all you unrv forum regulars...

We aren't quite so busy yet that its hard to find topics that we are interested in, but if we continue with our rate of growth it may be before too long. New folks are popping up all the time and more and more are becoming more than just a single post and gone visitor. :)

I'd like to start thinking of breaking down the 'Roman Empire' part of the forum a little bit for easier use. Perhaps categories like...

The Empire (for the general history of Rome)

The People (for social discussion)

The Legions (for military)

The Temple (for religion)

Or do you prefer the current way with a single all inclusive category? Any other suggestions?

I think it's a great idea. I'm so tired of seeing a bazillion threads on military minutae and searching for the few threads that are on broader topics. This reorganization will eradicate that problem.

But I am having massive problems replying to old threads. It's eating my responses. I hope it doesn't eat this one. *crosses fingers*

• 2 weeks later...

I like the reorganization so much, I propose shuffling things around a bit more to

make it even easier to skim through threads.

I propose two main headings: "Roman Empire" and "Miscelleneous"

Under "Roman Empire" I suggest several folders, including several present ones:

-- The Forum (For discussing personalities, politics, and general historical and cultural matters)

-- The Legion (all specifically military matters)

-- The Temple (all specifically religious matters)

-- Peregrini (for discussing cultures related to Rome - Greece, Celts, Germans, Egyptians, etc)

-- Roman Media (any media product related to the Roman Empire)

-- Archaeology (for discussing all archaeologicical news related to Rome and surrounding cultures like Greece, Egypt, etc. Just get rid of the "world archeology" folder. I don't think it's read very much and posts about Mayan temples and so forth are probably off topic for this forum. No offense intended).

And then under "Miscelleneous" Have

-- Suggestions and Feedback (self-explanatory)

-- Social Lounge (combine the "Afterhours Lounge" with the "Introductions" folder. A place where people can introduce themselves and talk about off-topic stuff)).