UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Personality Test, Weeee!!!

Moonlapse

INTJ, though what really stroke me was the following:

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%

Intuitive (N) 55.26% Sensing (S) 44.74%

Thinking (T) 54.76% Feeling (F) 45.24%

Judging (J) 59.38% Perceiving (P) 40.63%

Is it usual for results to be so balanced? Some of the answers really depend on my mood and the situation I'm in. I could be an ESFP just as easily. :D

INTJ, though what really stroke me was the following:

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%

Intuitive (N) 55.26% Sensing (S) 44.74%

Thinking (T) 54.76% Feeling (F) 45.24%

Judging (J) 59.38% Perceiving (P) 40.63%

Is it usual for results to be so balanced? Some of the answers really depend on my mood and the situation I'm in. I could be an ESFP just as easily. :D

Well, it depends.

Someone took the sixteen Meyers-Briggs personality types, and grouped them into four families. Each family has four of the personality types that have a strong relation to each other in one trait or another.

NT family (iNTj, eNTj, iNTp, eNTj) - live in a world of ideas and knowledge. Interested in competence, abilities, and intellectual knowledge and personal achievement. They make good scientists, engineers, professors, military and business leaders, etc. Example: most of the great scientists in history, like Einstein

NF family (iNFj, eNFj, iNFp, eNFp) - live in a world of feelings, people, and value systems. Interested in being moral people, in helping other people, and expressing emotions and values. They make good religious and political leaders, psychologists, counselors, writers, artists, doctors, etc. Example: most of the religious leaders and political reformers in history, like Jesus or Buddha.

SP family (iSfP, eSfP, iStP, eStP) - these people are tuned to the details of the external world. They have heightened sensory abilities and are out to experience the tastes, smells, sights, and aventure of the world. They make good artists, actors, salespeople, craftsmen, etc. Example: most of the people in entertainment like Madonna

SJ Family (iSfJ, eSfJ, iStJ, eStJ). - These people are everybody else. They are the most common in society. They live in a world of tradition and down-to-eath business. These make good accountants, school teachers, police men, and most of the other "normal' people who fill societies ranks. Example: most of the people you probably know in real life.

So you have to ask yourself which of four families you fit in best, and from there you can narrow it down a bit.

At least according to these personality theories. Some people regard psychology as bogus and not much better than astrology, but I think there is some truth to it. I, for instance, think INTJ describes my overall personality pretty well.

At least according to these personality theories.  Some people regard psychology as bogus and not much better than astrology, but I think there is some truth to it.  I, for instance, think INTJ describes my overall personality pretty well.

/rant

If you examine it closely - you'll see it'll type your function in society. That's not what I consider actual personality. To me - a person is defined by his mentality and (emotional) character. And these change according to the choices they make.

Would Einstein not be as commited to his study, he might have ended up as the ordinairy math teacher at high school... Making him a SJ.

Would Jugurtha have made an extensive study of languages, he probably would have been a NT instead of your SJ. Actually - he has made quite a good SP while writing the Tuatha's origin myth and as a NT/NF in the Tuatha group, I highly respect him.

Your functioning in society is just that; functioning. You function to sustain your life and invest in a better future for yourself and your family/friends. It's not what makes the person.

/rant

As a personality test, it's bogus. But it has it's uses.

The Meyers-Briggs test only really measures two aspects of your personality:

1) How you process information (are you more focused on the internal or external environment, and are you more sensory or intuitive)

2) How you make decisions (are you more logical or emotional, and do you come to decisions quickly or through hesitation).

Those are two significant aspects of personality, however, and I find these tests useful for determining those broad areas.

For instance, since Moonlaspe registered as INTJ, I can tell you that he comes to decisions pretty quickly, by taking things in with his intuition and then organizing his ideas externally through quick and decisive logic. And as an INTJ I have that in common as well, even though there might otherwise be a thousand differences between us in other areas.

Extroverted ( E ) 56.1% Introverted ( I ) 43.9%

Intuitive ( N ) 79.41% Sensing ( S ) 20.59 %

Feeling ( F ) 51.16% Thinking ( T ) 48.84%

Percieving ( P ) 66.67% Judging ( J ) 33.33%

So, an ENFP then, the resulting blurb I actually find reasonably accurate considering I have absolutely no faith in this sort of thing. Of course some of it's way off, but I took the test several times and at least the result was very consistent. It says I should be a journalist - thats exactly what I'd like to be! ( that or some sort of omnipitent GodKing )

It's difficult to answer some of the questions though because of the contradictions in our personalities ( well, mine at least ) for example : I am borderline obsessed with neatness , order and rationality but most of the time I'm disorganised, I can't stand authority figures, and I rarely think things through objectively. :P

Maybe thats what I like about the Romans, the sense of order and control which I can't actually handle in real life.Then again I'm arguably more interested in the chaotic maelstrom of the middle ages.....

Oh, I don't know, very interesting but ultimately I don't put much stock in these personality test type things ( unless they tell me what I want to hear :P )

Hmmm...E S t J "Administrator"

Extroverted( E) 51.43% Introverted (I) 48.57% = E (mixed, used to test stronger introverted)

Sensing (S) 56.76% Intuitive (N) 43.24% = S (wow, used to be almost reversed)

Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50% = i (always was about 50/50)

Judging (J) 61.11% Perceiving (P) 38.89% = J (always been very this way)

I used to get " Field Marshall" on these tests.

I guess either I'm getting old or my job is making me into a prig. (I vote the latter :1eye:)

Life changes your role....