UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Quiz

Guest spartacus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say I likes my challenges- poor american english on purpose for those outside the states. And besides Im studying hard for a Latin midterm tomorrow and need a break every so often. And hey you may even win this one. And by the way do you ever sleep spartacus. Its just past midnight here so it must be at least 3 or 4 over in england.

Ok well since nobody posted a question here goes one.  Name the Gaulic general who sacked Rome in 390 BCE

Would that be Brennus?

If so, I yield the next question to someone else, since I had a go at it already.

If not, feel free to ignore my ignorance at will! :lol:

So its accepted! :lol:

Okay then.....Who first forbade Roman commanders from entering into single combat with opposing commanders? ( is that too easy...or too hard?.. I dont know but there you go anyway )

Oh and the gaulic cheiftain was Brennos PM :(

• 10 months later...
Titus Manlius Torquatus

I thought I'd revive this thread because I've ran into a very elusive question. After Trajan's Parthian campaign, he stationed Legio II Traiana Fortis in Judea. Where in Judea were they stationed?

Damn... um... I wanna say Aelia Capitolina.

Aelia Capitolina was the name given to the colonia built by Hadrian on Jerusalem's ruins in 131... pretty close, but Legio X Fretensis was in Jerusalem at the given time (117). Arabia Petraea is the area of the province of Arabia near the city Petra. Anyone else? This took me for-freaking-ever to find out. It's close to the provincial capital.