UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome's Greatest Battles

DecimusCaesar

I don't have satellite television in my house, so I rarely get to watch stuff like the History Channel or Discovery etc. Last week though I did catch a series on National Geographic called Rome's Greatest Battles. The show was basically a docu-drama using matte backdrops, 3D computer effects and some actors to create a Roman battles - in this case it was the battle of Actium in 31 BC. What surprised me was that, although the narration was in English, all actor's speaking parts were in Latin with subtitles. I've tried looking for videos on Youtube or an episode listing but I can't seem to find much info on this show. Has anyone here seen it or have any extra info on the show?

Edited by DecimusCaesar

I don't have satellite television in my house, so I rarely get to watch stuff like the History Channel or Discovery etc. Last week though I did catch a series on National Geographic called Rome's Greatest Battles. The show was basically a docu-drama using matte backdrops, 3D computer effects and some actors to create a Roman battles - in this case it was the battle of Actium in 31 BC. What surprised me was that, although the narration was in English, all actor's speaking parts were in Latin with subtitles. I've tried looking for videos on Youtube or an episode listing but I can't seem to find much info on this show. Has anyone here seen it or have any extra info on the show?

Hi Decimus,

You can find all episodes for free here.

Jeroen H de Lange,

Amsterdam

Hi Decimus,

You can find all episodes for free here.

Jeroen H de Lange,

Amsterdam

Thanks for the reply, Jeroen!