UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Last Days of Pompeii - 1984

Crispina

Just finished watching this television mini series from 1984 online. Not too bad. Was anxious to get to the episodes featuring the eruption to see how that was handled. Again, not too shabby. I did begin to wonder if the only dogs in Pompeii were Border Collies, but then near the end there was a German Shepherd down and being covered in ash - not something spastic Border Collies would lay still long enough for I'm sure. :D

Sounds interesting, Crispina. Any links?

Sounds interesting, Crispina. Any links?

Here you go Ghost. I'm not sure how to post a link without the actual Utube file appearing. Not sure moderators approve of it. This is Episode One/Part One of 10. There are three episodes which makes the series quite long but I enjoyed it over several evenings. It was originally a made for tv series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402HMRAs9nA

After watching this first 15min, I had to laugh again at the chimpanzee in the religious procession. What? Couldn't they find a baboon who would ride in that chair? :) Also wanted to add that I have "Constantine and The Cross" bookmarked to start watching next.

Edited by Crispina