UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kanoth

Anyone enjoy drinking games here? (course you do)

This really isn't a drinking game so much as a drinking sport in my opinion.  Some friends and I created this back in 08-09 after modifying rules of an existing game.  We call it BeerBall, and while there are many people who play a game by that name, none hold a candle to this.

The game involves 28-32oz goblets, one for each of the 4 players.  A regulation ping pong table with net, and a 3 star ping pong ball.  The way it differs from beer pong is instead of the objective being to empty your opponets glass, the point is to empty your own teams goblets instead.  We felt this makes better sense as the people who are winning, are also having their motor skills compromised by the drinking they're doing.

As soon as you throw and hit a goblet, you begin drinking.  You do not stop until the other team has retrieved the ball and placed it back on their side of the table declaring "Down" or some form of that.  Should the ball land inside a goblet, the player must refill all the way to the top.  Each goblet can only be refilled once.  The throwing player gets their ball back.  If you happen to throw the ball, and it bounces off their goblet back to you, you can grab the bounce-back and throw it as far as you want.  They then have to retrieve the thrown ball.

We've got the rules in a PDF form on our facebook page (there are a few more details).  Along with pictures and videos. 

to a first person video from last year.

If you're interested in the rules, check out American BeerBall Association on Facebook.

I do apologize for what looks like a shameless plug.  :)  I just enjoy playing it, and it's starting to get warm out so the season is about to begin again.  Though we've played in 18" of snow this year.

Any other good drinking games out there?