UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Manual for Gladius (Western Martial Arts)

Onasander

I am thinking about buying two black Gladius for Christmas for myself. I know of medieval martial art Manuela, as well as Asian Manuals on sword fighting. I am a big fan of the book Kishido, and a huge background in philosophy, including Ethics, and have been working out..... so I got the Ethical stuff down, etc. 

I just want to start training with two swords now. I had a little fencing training with a sabre in San Francisco, but the Gladius is a different beast all together, especially two.

I'm not interested in historical reenactments, or joining a western martial arts school. I just want a manual written on how to hold and strike with them from a modern perspective.

I want them for home defence, and to build them into a Day Packs' frame stealth for when dogs attack me when I'm out hiking. I dislike firearms, and try to avoid the hobo look, as well as Rambo 1 scenarios with cops..... having them build into a packs frame seems a no brained.

I can't find any modern manuals (or even ancient) on training and fencing, beyond striking non specifically at a wooden post. I got a million trees.

Internet is drawing a blank. 

Any suggestions?

Screw it, nothing much on the net, I'll release a free PDF on it.

I've been attacked by  bear while camping (have pictures if anyone want to see them). I hike a lot, am tired of everyone's crazy dog on a leash running at me, and live in a really bad neighborhood. I just want something that can guide me through hallway fencing close quarters against rifles or pistols, preferably with minimum injuries to my assailant, and to quickly dispatch wild animals charging me.