UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

"Outlander" Anyone watching?

guy

For those who don't know, "Outlander" is a popular series (at least among a few female friends) on STARZ network. Its second season begins soon. I admit I missed the first season, but my wife wants us to watch this series together. Should I invest time in the series? What do the Scotsmen and women think of the series? Below is a description and a trailer for the series:

Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

- Written by Starz

I just saw the first episode. I admit it caught my attention. I have to say that the setting is breathtaking.

guy also known as gaius

Here is season one series premier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTvwLb2v9Q

I am impressed that writers correctly portray the Highlanders speaking in Scottish Gaelic:

guy also known as gaius

Edited by guy

not seen or heard before but on my list of "to do " now... .)

...so much good stuff on television lately, its really amazing,

on a show set in historical times, i personally looking forward to watch The Knick, that will start in a few days here in austria...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2937900/

I had heard of the Outlander book series but never got round to reading it because I thought it would be too cheesy (even for a female  ;) ). But I must admit I'm intrigued about the TV series now! And it helps that the Scottish protagonist is not too bad to look at.  :whistling:

Somehow it seems more manageable to me right now than 7 or 8 books (I feel the same way about the Game of Thrones TV series, which I really enjoy). I'll definitely give it a try!