UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Tour of Baths of Diocletian

guy

Darius Arya has done another wonderful video. This one is of the magnificent Baths of Diocletian, near the main train terminal in Rome.

This video shows some of the newest archaeological findings now on display.

Edited by guy

That isn't a tour of the vast baths complex and museum, but rather a peek at an exhibit closing this month held in a previously inaccessible corner of baths. The items range from amazing to things that are just there because they are newly found. Arya has done several better videos of the actual complex, and I will repost one so good it was the only one I posted in both my playlists 50 Roman Ruins and 20 Ancient Rome Museums.

I recently stopped posting Arya videos here since after posting countless I was afraid those that liked them probably already subscribed to his several channels. I have interacted with Arya both on twitter and youtube; such access seems strange after seeing him on so many TV documentaries.

Those that followed someone on this forum who attended the Swedish Rome Institute may remember that his special tour of Diocletian bath inscriptions were cancelled due to sickness of his professor. That was a shame because this is the one museum where reading captions in depth are super rewarding, which I have done there up to a point.

Edited by caesar novus

Thanks, Crispina, for reading my posts.

I agree with Caesar Novus that Darius Arya is working hard to keep interest in Ancient Rome alive and accessible. His many posts on YouTube are both insightful and entertaining. 

We are so fortunate to have these many resources (including UNRV) available to us. We should embrace these.

The recent passing of Pullo (Ray Stevenson) from the HBO series “Rome” should remind us what a fragile and fleeting gift good health is. So, enjoy the grandeur and appreciate the challenges that were Ancient Rome.