UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Proposition

Germanicus

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it.

An Australian film, the screen play is written by Nick Cave, the photography was awesome, and while a very violent little film, I thought it justified.

It's set in the late 19th Century in a nowhere outback Australian town.

Hi Viggen,

Yeah, there are Brits as well. But the Aussies in it you would know are :- David Whenam (played Faramir in Lord of the Rings) and Guy Pearce (Of LA Confidential and Momento).

as well as the racial disputes

Forgot to ask you Tobias, would you agree that it's kind of the first Australian feature film made that deals in an uncompromising way with some of these issues ? I think it is, and I also think it's good for Australians to be confronted with it in a graphic depiction.

Forgot to ask you Tobias, would you agree that it's kind of the first Australian feature film made that deals in an uncompromising way with some of these issues ? I think it is, and I also think it's good for Australians to be confronted with it in a graphic depiction.

Certainly. There have been few australian films (apart perhaps from "Rabbit Proof Fence") that cover these issues. I like that it's set more from that policeman's perspective, because it portrays these problems from a group who perhaps did most of the damage. But i still loved the film, and it certainly is good for some i suppose "romantic" notions of Australia in that age to be dispelled. It sounds like i'm reviewing, but i'd give it a 9 out of 10 :rolleyes:

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it.

An Australian film, the screen play is written by Nick Cave, the photography was awesome, and while a very violent little film, I thought it justified.

It's set in the late 19th Century in a nowhere outback Australian town.

Nick Cave? Interesting, I'll probably see it when it comes out, although I'll have to pay attention to the title..most of the time the translations we get have nothing to do with the original title so when the film comes out you think it's a different one and miss it..lol that happened to me a couple of times

I went to the theaters yesterday and saw this preview that had characters British and Austrailian accents and it seemed like it was probably in the outback of Autrailia but the time period is modern, but it was called Wolf's Creek. I thought it was the Proposition or something at first.