UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Dens Medicus

A straight answer-get em out while the going is good .They will come back to give you a new understanding of the word "pain" if you ignore them!

Favonious, you'll be fine... :)

When I was in the Navy they ripped all 4 of mine out with only local anesthesia and then sent me home with only Motrin. It was not fun to say the least but endurable. I imagine your experience will be much more humane and much better in the long compaired to enduring the pain they can cause by pressure on your molars.

The 2 bad things about my experience was being able to hear the pliers crushing the teeth as he was pulling them out and then getting rice stuck in the gaping holes in my jaw before they healed shut... <_<

on the bright side -if you feel you are a little overweight ,drinking soup for several days will be a bonus.

I've had a couple of teeth removed a few years ago; they were throwing my bite out as well. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't particularly pleasant; the damned things fragmented and had to be pulled out piece by piece. The Nitrous Oxide and anasthetic they gave me during the op finally hit me about 10 minutes after the operation and after i left the dentist's, so you can imagine how my op went :)

But then, australia's dental system is not terrific; you should have a better time of it then me. Good Luck with it.

Edited by Tobias

Mmmm Tony Roma's.... My experience sucked, but thats only because I did not know that codeine would make me vomit. I had all 4 pulled and I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine, the vomiting and dry-heaves ripped my stitches open and one of the lower sockets became infected. Silly me, it took 2 doses to realize that it was the pain-killers. Hope you feel a little less nervous now. :suprise:

But seriously, you experience discomfort for a short period of time, relatively speaking, and then you forget all about it until someone mentions wisdom teeth.

or you get a peanut stuck in the soft cavity. <_<

and as an historical aside -Roman teeth although more worn down (due to coarse grains and a diet heavy in veg) were altogether less cairious than modern western teeth. Honey was the only main sweetner in any use and not used to the degree that sugar ( brought back by the crusaders) and corn starch syrup are today. Emulate Rome also by renouncing carbohydrates!

There is a lot more of this to come when I post the "Roman Medicine" review <_<

Best of Luck Favonius! May the Gods preserve your Dentition!

Edited by Pertinax

• 2 weeks later...

It was actually a pretty easy experience. I was put under (I specifically wanted to be, never had before and wanted to know exactly what that was about.) That day afterword it was painful, but mostly dreamy and forgotten, and the next a bit achy but after that it was no big deal. My gums right now are 99% healed. :o