UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Tobias, I hate to spoil your illusions, but your picture is of the Third Incarnation (we think) -- anyway it's of Jon Pertwee, definitely not Colin Baker.

I think Jon Pertwee was one of the good doctors, incidentally

Perhaps you should read everything before you post old boy; you're over a month too late. I've long since changed my avatar to Jon Pertwee from Colin Baker (as you'll see if you read one of my above posts). Believe me, I wouldn't be so stupid as to get the two confused, and i have few illusions as far as Doctor Who (or anything else for that matter) is concerned, thank you very much.

Thank you for remembering Pantagathus :whistling:

Edited by Tobias

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite quotes from Member sigs:

Viggen: "Money does not smell."....

sorry, but i thought it is time for a little (just a little) change :P

cheers

viggen

If that's the case, I might have to steal your former quote, then. I've become increasingly avarice since my recent raise. :pimp:

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I removed the previous version and unfortunately had to chop the current version down at least so Cincinnatus was visible.

It's a Tiepolo from 1730. The Dictatorship Offered to Cincinnatus

I nearly chose this instead... Death of the Consul Brutus (the first Consul of Rome, not the later Brutus of Caesar's assassination fame).

I removed the previous version and unfortunately had to chop the current version down at least so Cincinnatus was visible.

It's a Tiepolo from 1730. The Dictatorship Offered to Cincinnatus

Thanks .

Beautiful .

As I thought , "Cincinnatus" looks calm , not surprised , had a look as "Please leave me alone , I have a family to feed...but O.K. , lets get it over with" .

I wonder who is the boy ?

I have allways thought that "Cincinnatus" was much more older . He looks like 35 to 40 . Let me see , Niebuhr wrote that "Cincinnatus" was born in 519 BCE so in 458 Var. , when he became Dictator , he was 61 years old ! Not to mention that Cicero said that the story belongs to "Cincinnatus" 2nd Dictatorship , that is in 439 Var. when he was 80 years old ! Poor Tiepolo... :offtopic: