UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Caesar

TonyGee

Caesar 1, the PC game has been released as abandonware.

Its a City building game based on Rome where you have to rise through the ranks while keeping the emperor happy. Do it well and you never know you may be the next emperor.

Anyhow its a good game and can now be Downloaded Legally from various site's, one of the better ones being Abandonia. Here be the link http://www.abandonia.com/games/738/Caesar.htm Have fun gaming.

• 7 months later...

The makers of Caesar IV posted a demo recently. It's pretty good. Much like Caesar III, but vastly enhanced graphics and the right mix of old and new features. It's supposed to be released in late September, just in time to prevent students from studying properly for their mid-terms.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a city building sim, similar to Simcity I think (although I've never played Simcity before).

You are given a job to build and govern a city and complete a set of tasks within a limited amount of time (eg. send 20 Amphorae of wine to Rome in 6 months) . You also have job of defnding that city if you live in a dangerous province that's infested with Barbarians. You eventually build up your skill to become the next emperor.

Interesting.

I've played SimCity before. It's fun, but quite hard to govern the city.

Would there be natural disaters or people causing trouble around, like SimCity?

And, is it just to defend the city from barbarian attack or the player can conquer other places?

I've played SimCity before. It's fun, but quite hard to govern the city.

Would there be natural disaters or people causing trouble around, like SimCity?

And, is it just to defend the city from barbarian attack or the player can conquer other places?

I haven't played the game in years but I remember that you did have some natural disasters like plagues and fires, plus you also had thieves stealing denarii from your treasury. You also had rioters pillaging your buildings if things got really bad.

I think I remember leading my legions to invade and battle against the greeks, but this was in Caesar II which is even longer ago.

Edited by DecimusCaesar