UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The First (chinese) Emperor

Princeps

Who in the UK posse saw this last night? (channel 4). It was one of those dramatised accounts - I wasn't sure of these 7 or 8 years ago when they were first becoming popular, but I've grown to really like them.

It was interesting to say the least, the first Emperor was a ruthless and charasmatic man (he was the first to routinely execute POWs, and indulged in the usual slaughter of his nearest and dearest, but showed mercy to his parents).

Did anyone catch the end? I was exhausted after a day at work and a 2hr swim so I fell asleep (the last bit I remember was the Emperor hunting the giant fish with a giant crossbow - he'd become delusional by that point as a result of long-term mercury consumption), but the dog woke me up by scratching at my bedroom door just in time for me to see the final scene - final frames even - and it seemed that the Emperor had turned into some sort of statue with a human head, but I was still a bit sleepy so I may be wrong.

What happened between the fish hunting and the climax, and what was the conclusion to the story?