UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Torture & Execution Devices

tflex

Some people might find this revolting but it's historically related so what the hell.

If for whatever reason you were going to be tortured and executed, which device would be your first choice and which one would be your last and why? Oh and lets stick to the methods of torture practised in ancient, medieval and renaissance times ending at the industrial age. Hangings and chopping heads off are too easy so you can't choose any of those.

Me personally, I would prefer a quick death rather than a slow one, even if it was extremely painful. So I would choose the head crusher. My teeth would break, eyes would pop out, then my brains should spill out nicely and that would be the end of it. Depending on the executioner the whole process can take anywhere from a few seconds to about an hour.

My last choice would be crucifixion which can last over a day or more. I'de have to deal with the pain from the nails in my feet and hands, I will have trouble breathing and staying upright, and will have to deal with severe dehydration. Too many things to worry about and takes too long.

Edited by tflex

We had a torture thread recently (I'm pointing that out in view of your other thread :)), but if I had to go I'd choose drowning probably. Any type of suffocation.

The worst? There are so many it's hard to say, but last time I chose the good ol' "Tie his penis and make him drink until he dies."

Edited by Princeps