UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Themed T-shirts And Such

Carried over from some previous discussions scattered in other threads, and via some private conversations... some of us have been having a bit of fun discussing the creation of Roman and site themed t-shirts and other such products.

Rather than keep this a private little thing, I figure we make a little bit of a contest out of it. Perhaps we can give the 'winner or winners' a free t-shirt/polo shirt/product of their own choosing featuring their design and we can throw in one of our maps as well.

Keep in mind that this is largely just for fun, but maybe we can come up with some 'cool' themes to promote our love of history. (I suppose cool is subjective, lol)

Anyway, we found two sites that handle everything from printing to order fulfillment. All we have to do is provide our designs... which is completely free. Once the designs are submitted, these 'shops' charge a set price for actually preparing the items, but nobody is required to buy anything in order to submit designs. You can even set up your own affiliate accout if you want to earn 'commission' on your own design.

Zazzle offers a bit better variety of shirt colors and...

Cafe Press offers alot more choices in products (not only clothing but items like coffee mugs, bumper stickers, etc.)

Now both sites already have alot of related designs already available, so try to come up with something original, or a variation on something that's already there. (Do a search on Rome or Roman to see for yourself). This one struck me funny.

When all is said and done, we can set up a poll where everyone on the forum can vote to determine a 'winner'. I'm thinking we could have a couple of categories... perhaps something for pure silliness and something a bit more refined. Feel free to make any suggestions at all as this is entirely open to discussion, but keep in mind the idea is to have fun and to create something legitimate that people might actually like to wear :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally favor t-shirts that don't have a logo on the front and center but one on the upper left side of the shirt. They strike me as less gaudy.

Putting something like this Roman coin from Rome around the time of the Republic during second Punic War, with Jupiter and Winged Victory, where the pocket would be is very a cool look for a t-shirt and perhaps a latin slogan on underneath or on the back.

Edited by Virgil61

I personally favor t-shirts that don't have a logo on the front and center but one on the upper left side of the shirt. They strike me as less gaudy.

Putting something like this Roman coin from Rome around the time of the Republic during second Punic War, with Jupiter and Winged Victory, where the pocket would be is very a cool look for a t-shirt and perhaps a latin slogan on underneath or on the back.

I'm a bit partial to the pocket logo look as well. I wish I could draw. Alas.

I'm sorry, but being the young style queen that I am ;), the thought of making a tshirt based on a historical theme and actually wearing it sends shudders down my spine, along with holiday tshirts with slogans such as "i visited the isle of capri"....

But enjoy your competition and good luck ;)

Id say for a design challenge though, a poster would be better, one prehaps suitable for young history enthusiasts to proudly display on their walls!

I'm sorry, but being the young style queen that I am , the thought of making a tshirt based on a historical theme and actually wearing it sends shudders down my spine, along with holiday tshirts with slogans such as "i visited the isle of capri"....

Post your photo in the gallery, then we can tell if you really are a "style queen".

The wink in my post was supposed to mean you didnt really take what i said seriously! It was a light hearted comment. ;)

I dont really want to post my picture up, not unless everyone body else does as well, and i don't want to post my picture up just for the purpose of having my clothing scrutinesed thankyou very much! ;)

Edited by Aphrodite

Ok I know this isn't very good but I was pretty happy just to accomplish something in photoshop ;)

I hope this works, I think they are messing with me...

Galley Logo

I like it. If you wanted to advertise the site you could always have www.unrv.com written on the white background underneath that logo.

Not so seriously -I suggested the image of Nero on the fiddle that I posted in my miscellenia album.

Edited by Pertinax

I dont really want to post my picture up, not unless everyone body else does as well, and i don't want to post my picture up just for the purpose of having my clothing scrutinesed thankyou very much!

No, neither would I......unless I was wearing my new Roman themed T-Shirt that is.