UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Battle Scenarios

Lets try a new one, man.

Before Marius reforms:

Your in egypt on the east side of the nile, fighting the pharoh's strongest and largest army on the west side of the nile, they are composed of entierly veterans.

You are the romans with 2 legions,50 velites, around 200 cavalry, and a 100 mercenary horse archers from parthia.

The enemy consists of 20,000 spear men, 400 chariots, 100 archers, and 100 camal riders.

Your men ar tired of walking and are ready to bed down for the night when the egyptians attack.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by Hitoriki Batosai

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets try a new one, man.

Before Marius reforms:

Your in egypt on the east side of the nile, fighting the pharoh's strongest and largest army on the west side of the nile, they are composed of entierly veterans.

You are the romans with 2 legions,50 velites, around 200 cavalry, and a 100 mercenary horse archers from parthia.

The enemy consists of 20,000 spear men, 400 chariots, 100 archers, and 100 camal riders.

Your men ar tired of walking and are ready to bed down for the night when the egyptians attack.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am going to ask you to stop dual posting with alternate ID's.

Lets try a new one, man.

Before Marius reforms:

I'd try to harass their spearman from the sides with my horse archers and try to entice their cavlry where I have the advantage. I would not foolishly attack veterans when they are in a good position and my guys are tired. I don't want to brang, but remember it has been said that Egyptian troops would do anything to defend the pharaoh. It has been said that these units have been known to fight to the death.

P.S. Primus Pilus if you did not point out that they did have legions before Marius I would be completely confused. So thank you.

So, is the enemy army on the other side of the nile? The Nile is a big river, and would be difficult to cross. If they had to cross to get to me, I would probably fortify my positions with palisades and what not. Then their spearmen would have trouble attacking over a small wall.

If they did not have to cross the nile, or were already on my side, I would try to use the flexibilty of my troops to outmanuever the eygptian phalanx.