UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Death

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a professing christian today avoided this Law of the Christian God?

How then a man can escape the 2nd death and eternal punishment in the lake of fire?

if no one in this day teach this biblical word of God. ( or doctrine )

I would tend to agree that anyone who considers themselves practicing a religion, particularly the rule laden monotheistic concepts, should follow the laws of their faith.

However all you did was lay out the concept of Judgement day which I think that most Christians seem to believe in. You didn't actually highlight a rule of the faith that Christians don't tend to conform to.

but nowhere does christian church today teaches this doctrine,

or the belief that men will be resurrected again.

the common doctrine is that people will be judge on the day of his death right away.

In the good old U.S. of A, not only is ressurection taught, but also being re-born. Two up. Two down.

but nowhere does christian church today teaches this doctrine,

or the belief that men will be resurrected again.

the common doctrine is that people will be judge on the day of his death right away.

Hmm, I can vaguely recall in my younger days as a Lutheran church goer that the Day of Judgement was taught as a great single event in which all of humanity would be judged at once. Maybe the teaching has changed... or maybe its simply based on geographic/cultural preferences?

The difference to me seems to be in the doctrine of second death versus hell. The second death is just that, dead with no ressurection...gone for eternity. Hell is eternal torment, still around but tormented.

So which is it, death or eternal torment for sinners?

Edited by Spurius

Q? The difference to me seems to be in the doctrine of second death versus hell.

The second death is just that, dead with no ressurection...gone for eternity.

Hell is eternal torment, still around but tormented. Spurius

The Second Death , after the Resurrection of All Men on the Judgment Day

all men will be resurrected ,

then will first group to arise will be given etenal life in the new heaven, for the old heaven is gone.

while after a thousand years, the second group to arise will be tormented forever in a new lake of fire.

Absurdity on stilts. Why not believe instead in a flying spaghetti monster? The case is at least as strong.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerer, idolaters, and all the liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death

Oh dear. That's me for fiery brimstone on at least four counts...

Ho hum.

Cato: thanks for that link. 'Pastafarians'. Class. I might sign up. Will it save me from the fiery primstone do you think?

Edited by Furius Venator

Look at it this way as I learned in my Scriptures class, the Revelations when written was meant solely as a comfort-giver for oppressed and persecuted Christians in the classical times. During the Medieval Age, people still prepared for the end of the world, but they realize that Jesus wasn't gonna come for a long time.