• Scottish
    • African
    • Jewish
    • Other (what is it)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the North East of England and my surname derives from an old Danish word,so i can assume i have some Norse in me :D .Maybe some Norman blood (doubtful) probably some Angle (as it was the Angles who settled up north not the Saxons).Maybe a bit of Roman (or the Auxillia) because of the proximety of the wall and the Veteran collony at York.Before then it was the Brigante Celtic tribe who had control of this part of the Island so maybe a bit of Celtic blood is still mixed in.

But my mothers family came to the North east in 1920's,before then they lived in Sussex but they hadnt been there for very long.Just long enougth for my mams Grandfather to join the 8th Battalion Royal Sussex Regiment and he went to the war,he was killed at the battle of the Somme in 1918 (i have some great pictures of him in his uniform,he looks like Errol flynn :) ).

My Mams family came to England from county Cork(Eire),the Rebel County :D ,there's a link to some Irish Celt blood.

Just a mix and mash of all the peoples who've lived on the Island really,who can really tell?

Royal Sussex Regiment.