UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Mimetic Islamic Terrorism?

Kosmo

A strange case, that I did not find in English media, unfolded in Romania in the last days.

A romanian born christian was arrested for terrorism as he was on his way to blast a home made bomb in the city of Timisoara.

He was under surveillance as he claimed on the net to be an ex bosnian fighter who had his fiance and sister killed by serbians.

In fact he was dellusional about it as there is no evidence that anything was true.

Before his actions he made some terrorist stile movies that he send to media and autorities asking for withdrowal of romanian army from Irak and Afghanistan, release of afgan prisoners (?) etc.

I believe that the media histery and extensive cover of terrorism it's starting to transform this in a different problem. More people want to be famous and want to a part of this new, cool thing.

Suicide rates dramatically increase in areas where there is a highly publicized suicide. School shootings dramatically increased after the highly publicized Columbine shooting. If people can identify with what they see and have a considerable amount of uncertainty in their lives, they will act on what seems to be the 'common' solution.

Media publications are well aware of the influence they have, but really... its about attracting the most audience.

The man has no high education and was arrested once for tring to go illegaly to Serbia. He was a driver of a small utilitary car for a shoe manfacture in the small town of Lugoj.

He created for himself an identity of a mujahedin.

His low quality web page. Hope I don't make a mistake to the rules, but I find it fascinating.

http://www.torro.4t.com/about.html

It's obviously copy/pasted from different sources, some of them quite anti islamic like a croatian summary of conflict with the bosniacs. He tried to blow up 2 small metane gas reservors with a mobile phone.