UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Meeting In UK

:wine:smilie_flagge3.gif

I really do hate to inject myself into this most important thread, but, as you should know, I am a Britophile. It is rumored in the Colonies that this may be a 'cunning plan' on the part of My Lord Melchett :notworthy: , to put to the stake any of you Brits who don't supply an essay to THE CONTEST. :lol:

:ph34r:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)smilie_flagge3.gif

I really do hate to inject myself into this most important thread, but, as you should know, I am a Britophile. It is rumored in the Colonies that this may be a 'cunning plan' on the part of My Lord Melchett :notworthy: , to put to the stake any of you Brits who don't supply an essay to THE CONTEST. :lol:

:lol:

Uh oh. Looks like I'm going to have to stay up all night getting Baldrick to help me fnish off my roller coaster of an essay in four hundred sizzling chapters.... ;)

Uh oh. Looks like I'm going to have to stay up all night getting Baldrick to help me fnish off my roller coaster of an essay in four hundred sizzling chapters.... :D

...with, dare I say, some hot gypsies thrown in?

:Dsmilie_flagge3.gif

I really do hate to inject myself into this most important thread, but, as you should know, I am a Britophile. It is rumored in the Colonies that this may be a 'cunning plan' on the part of My Lord Melchett :notworthy: , to put to the stake any of you Brits who don't supply an essay to THE CONTEST. ;)

:D

Uh oh. Looks like I'm going to have to stay up all night getting Baldrick to help me fnish off my roller coaster of an essay in four hundred sizzling chapters.... ;)

Dont let Balders use your manuscript to start the fire!

I implore everyone to submit lurid and lascivious Romanophilic jottings to the essay contest sponsored by the Pater Arcanae, lest he indulges in wearing especially terrific trousers! A plate of Mrs Miggins best pie to the winner. Second prize is a kipper from MacAdder the Mad.

The essay can be on any Romanophilic subject and ideally wants to be over 1500 to 5000 words with clear references to selected texts.Submit to PP , a Great Prize is offered! (No its not a date with Lady Whiteadder).

(No its not a date with Lady Whiteadder).

Right! It's Lady Farrow.

;) :blowup: :D

As you can see I now post in the manner of Gaius Octavius

Right! It's Lady Farrow.

Nah... she's shacked up with a new pair of tights already! Probably Tully Applebottom, or the Spanish enfanta. Or even the Earl of Doncaster... :blink:

Edited by Northern Neil

There is one thing to be said for sport-smiley-12.gif, he sure knows how to push something!

...and when you ride British motorbike, you have to do a lot of pushing!!

There is one thing to be said for sport-smiley-12.gif, he sure knows how to push something!

...and when you ride British motorbike, you have to do a lot of pushing!!

And it's usually uphill as well!!!! Sadly I only have a bicycle which makes it a very long haul..... when you're not lookeing NN I'll try and nick your engine!! B)

It seems our esteemed Pertinax is trying his best to get me to talk at this meet about Segedunum or maybe Hadrian's Wall... well, I might answer some questions if anyone has any.. but speak? I'm a Geordie and you'll probably not understand the lingo! After a few lagers or whatever I won't be able to understand myself so it's gonna be difficult.

Camera ay? Well, what are we all planning on getting up to then? I know, I know... drinking a lot but what else? Oh yeah.......... lying down a lot to recover rings a bell... :drunk: :stretcher: :beer: :( :beer: :stretcher:

Edited by Augustus Caesar

I spent 3 years in the wild west (Benwell) so I'll understand your Cushty Barrie Chava talk.

I'm a Geordie and you'll probably not understand the lingo! After a few lagers or whatever I won't be able to understand myself so it's gonna be difficult.

You are a Geordie? :( Then you MUST speak at all costs. Now, I will unashamedly admit that I could listen to the Geordie accent for hours, and hours, and hours....... In fact, Augustus, should you wish to lecture us on particle physics or the historyof the vacuum cleaner, you have my vote to do so, just as long as you treat us to those sonorous syllables. :ph34r:

I'm a Geordie and you'll probably not understand the lingo! After a few lagers or whatever I won't be able to understand myself so it's gonna be difficult.

You are a Geordie? :lol: Then you MUST speak at all costs. Now, I will unashamedly admit that I could listen to the Geordie accent for hours, and hours, and hours....... In fact, Augustus, should you wish to lecture us on particle physics or the historyof the vacuum cleaner, you have my vote to do so, just as long as you treat us to those sonorous syllables. :D

Oooooppsss!!!!!!! Sort of dropped myself in it there didn't I? I don't desire the chava tag - I'll leave that to the genuine article thanks!! :)

Particle physics??? What's that when it's at home? Oh yeah... it's when Picard gets transported to another planet and he falls to bits only for Humpty to put him back together again!!!

My accent can be pretty strong but if I am supplied with lots of free drinks (I'm not a drinker really you know!) then I may be persuaded to let you all hear my dulcet tones for all of two or three minutes!!! Mind you if the throwing of expensive genuine Roman coins was to continue in my direction (not too hard though) I may be persuaded to carry on a bit. :blink:

So you're from the land of the Mancs then Augusta (you've got the same monicle as the missus) - are we going to hear you at any point? Do you originate from that land mass or have you migrated in true Roman style from lands afar?

Edited by Augustus Caesar